Thread: MidiMixer VST
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 10:43 AM   #33
Slarty1
Human being with feelings

Default MidiMix VST

Hi,

The main purpose is to allow me and others to send midicc to my sb-live card and be able to change volume\panning.etc. and most importantly....change the patch in my soundfonts. I'm sure it can be used to send Midicc to any on board sound card, that has only GM playback ability. This makes it handy for those who want to use the onboard card with\without VST's combined on same track.
that's why I use custom soundfonts..better than standard GM voices. Another advantage is, their is NO additional CPU "overhead" when using internal soundcard !!!!.
Reaper's sliders (volume,balance) only control the audio output from VSTi's, and I had NO control over imported midi tracks when using soundfonts with my on board card.

Terry W. made MidiMix (up to 16 tracks) and then made MiNiMix, which is really just a single track (visually on screen),but with the option of controlling any of 16 tracks using it's own I\O buttons (unlike VST's)

Take1(also Terry's VST) allows me to load\unload soundfonts into memory for sb-live from within Reaper, and adjust all the effects in real time.

Terry B.
Slarty1 is offline   Reply With Quote