View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 07:43 AM   #18
Glennbo
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxmidi View Post
Maybe look for any error messages that get displayed by starting Reaper from a Terminal.

The new LinVst 2.3 version has some more error reporting included in it.

Maybe try reinstalling some things, LinVst, Wine etc.

btw, unfortunately, each (new) version of LinVst needs to have all of the plugins name converted to be in sync with that LinVst version as well.
Thanks, it looks like I'm running v2.2.5. If I were to update to 2.3, is that going to break the linkage to referenced plugins that have already been used in REAPER projects?

I was pleasantly surprised yesterday when I was forced to boot Windows over a stoopid calculator issue, and I decided to see what would happen if I loaded up the Windows version of REAPER and opened one of the projects that I've done in the Linux version. The first one I tried opened as if it were created in the Window version of REAPER. Not one single error or anything, and I'm running all 64-bit plugins in Windows, but 32-bit versions of the same plugins in LinVST.

The second project I opened barked about Kontakt not being able to find it's library, but that was expected because I'm running the full version of Kontakt on Windows and the Elements version in Linux, so they have different libraries. I was able to quickly point Kontakt to the full version library for each of the instruments used, and then that project played perfectly too.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote