Thread: Please remove
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 08:02 AM   #24
Soli Deo Gloria
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klangfarben View Post
This guy has patched both Wine and the Kernel to get better real time performance with Wine.
https://github.com/nine7nine/pkgbuilds_nspa

Wow! I'll be taking a close look at that development! Something like that is badly needed... I 'll write to the guy to ask about it - from a first look at his Git page, I don 't understand at all how can it be tested -.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peevy View Post
It looks like you've hit a bit of a wall with the combination of or at least one of your system or audio components. Many here have been able to run kontakt via linvst pretty successfully including myself. I've also got a ka6 interface & my latest project as about 16 instances of kontakt with other windows & linux plugins. Are you're samples running of an ssd, have you tried other distros?

I've been using manjaro for almost 2 years now with the only problems coming from the odd buggy version of wine staging which i was able to roll back to a previous version. There's always a risk running win plugins on linux, which is why even though i do it myself i wouldn't really recommend it. If you can get away with only using native linux plugins that's definitely the way to go. Unfortunately some of my projects require high quality sampled instruments & there's very few available for linux.

I tried to install the snapshot of AV Linux, but I had problems with it (something related to UEFI and the grub, I didn't understand completely), so I 've got that pending. Regarding other distros, I'm not too keen on distro hopping, mainly because I fear other environments will add an additional layer of complexity to what I 've already learned in Ubuntu. Nevertheless, I could give an opportunity to Manjaro at some point, as I've read good things about it.

If you don't mind, maybe I 'll write to you via private message, to ask a few things about your setup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattRice View Post
Off topic. May I ask what theme is that you are using?
Thanks!

That theme is my own personal variation of the Default Commala 5 Theme. I've got it listed as "Default Commala 5 JRTheme", probably a variation itself that I downloaded at some point, but the color scheme is in many ways of my own. I also changed some icons to the Reaper v4 version ones, since they were visually more comfortable for my taste. If you're interested in it, I can obviously share it - I never did it because it's basically a personal tweak of the already great Commala one -. I liked Commala mainly because it derives from the official V4 theme, which is the only one I have ever liked, honestly. I don 't really like the V5 and V6 ones at all... And this theme is mostly all I need, with only a few missing things for my taste...
Soli Deo Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote