View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 10:04 AM   #20
Glennbo
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli Deo Gloria View Post
Well, without the i386 command, I'm now running Wine Staging x64 without any issue on Ubuntu Studio. You have to try it out when you have the new machine (and it would be optimal if you create a Clonezilla backup before installing Wine), but I don't think you'll have any problem...
When I build my new machine I might try creating a new wine prefix that is 64 bit, but since I have a backup of my entire 32 bit wine folder that I should be able to drop onto a new machine and get functioning is short order, I'll likely use it if it works as I'm expecting. I've reinstalled Xubuntu from scratch on the same machine and it worked just copying my backed up wine folder.

What I don't know for sure is if plugins that are installed in wine see your physical hardware to make a machine ID or if since it is running in a virtual Windows so to speak, do they only see wine to come up with a machine ID. Guess I'll find out soon whether I will have to re-authorize all my plugins. If I do, I'll try to do it in a 64 bit wine environment.

Quote:
Apart from Linux Sampler (for instruments that don't need any ADSR tweak), I began to put RS5K to good use with Sfz orchestral instruments - most notably the VSCO 2 and Virtual Playing Orchestra-. I created a track template with 127 instances of RS5K, with the Attack and Release modulated by their corresponding CCs (73 & 72). I never thought about it, but it ends up being a flexible sampler, if one feels like assembling each needed instrument. With a template, it is far less work than I thought, also.
I was not aware that RS5K could load SFZ instruments, and will have to look into that. Only thing I've ever used it for was to try out a drum kit that someone else made.

Quote:
As I work with more and more bridged instruments like Kontakt, I 'll be posting my conclusions in the forum. For now, the perspective is quite good, but more real-life scenarios are needed to put the performance to test.
Bridging Kontakt while bridging other stuff like Superior Drummer 2, Native Instruments B4 organ, FM7, Arturia MiniMoog V, and Toontrack Piano Essentials never stresses out my machine, but I never have more than maybe 10 bridged instruments in one project.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote