View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 02:04 PM   #4
Glennbo
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmajjL View Post
I tried drag & drop, only shows up into the arrange, but, it shows up into the arrange.. guess a drag & drop thing'ie could be implemented, but not by me hehe

The only scripts i've seen is to copy/paste icons from one track to another from ReaPack, so you could have lots of empty tracks in a track folder or, something just, for this purpose

Linux is veeery good with thumbs, including .xcf
I was hoping there was a user accessable internal variable holding the full path for the "Current Folder" in REAPER's file browser.

So I could construct something like,

/usr/bin/thunar $REAPER_Variable_With_The_Current_Folder

and put it on a button so when selecting a track icon I could navigate in REAPER to the folder where I know I want an icon from (like Percussion), then click my custom button to open the same folder in Thunar where I will see thumbnails of the twenty shakers with names like "shaker1, shaker2, Etc."

Then after using my eyeballs on actual little pictures, I could decide that "shaker 18" is in fact the one that looks pretty similar to the shaker I used on my track. Finally after deciding on "shaker18" via a thumbnail, I would switch back to REAPER's file brower and select "shaker18" without having to have loaded shakers 1-17 only to find out that they are not what I need.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote