View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 09:36 AM   #5
Crowzilla
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkaz View Post
Hi there,

Thanks so much for the response! I have tried all those things, and as for the privacy settings in the Mac system preferences, the mic doesn't even show up as an option. I have attached images showing my setup. It reads the Edirol interface as being present, but still no audio plays through it. If I change my settings in Reaper preferences to Audio Device and select Edirol, I see the track's meter but still can't hear anything. It's so frustrating. I used this program for a whole year with no issues and now it just won't work for me at all. And on the same Mac computer! Please let me know if these screenshots help in any way. Thanks again.
If the meters are moving as you play your guitar (or if you play some audio file with reaper like some MP3), then you know the audio is going inside Reaper and moving there, it is just not directed to go out from Reaper to your speakers or headphones through your Edirol audio interface.

In your first screenshot (the audio device page) you have, "Built - in output" selected. Try that box if there are other options to choose from, like your Audio Interface Edirol. What might be now happening is that Edirol is not chosen as the audio output device, so no audio can get out of Reaper to your audio interface and from there to your loudspeakers - it is going to some other device that is not hooked up to your Edirol.

So right now you have the audio going in to Reaper through your Edirol Audio Interface, but Reaper does not send the output audio back to Edirol, because some other output device is chosen for that in the preferences.

I am not a Mac user so the whole Audio Device page is different to the one on my PC, but I would imagine that you would still have to choose your Audio Interface (in your case Edirol) as your output device and that first page is the one where you would choose it. I think it might solve the problem. Cheers.
Crowzilla is offline   Reply With Quote