View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 06:10 PM   #2542
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
I mention the Sends thing because it's about the only thing I can think of that isn't covered by the Overlay/Zone discussion.

At the moment we can step through the sends across the entire surface and this is fine for some things. However you often need to access all the sends for an individual track (to set up a lead vocal treatment, for instance)

We have access to all the widgets via the new .mst, but we don't have the Send hooks to hang them on

In answer to how it should map out on an MCU, for instance. I would expect (after activating the mode) on pressing any channel's Select button for Sends 1-8 to map to MCU Rotaries 1-8, with RotaryPush 1-8 being SendMute 1-8.

If there are less than 8 Sends (likely) then the remaining Rotaries and Pushes do nothing and the associated displays are blank. So Send 1 (for any selected channel) is always Rotary 1, far left. Display Upper shows the send name, send lower could show Pre/Post (maybe we could hang that on the RecArm button in this mode?)
VERY cool !

So you would really be trading Send/SendMute for Pan/Width.

I think a reasonable limit is, as you say, the number of rotaries in the Zone.

For most surfaces the limit would be 8, but some might be 16, or 4 like my Avid control, it has 4 Channels.

OK, that's a new type of Sends Navigator, done !!
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote