View Single Post
Old 06-12-2021, 03:31 PM   #7
unanamis
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennbo View Post
Well, unlike Windows you don't install any driver to make a UMC1820 get recognized and working because it uses the USB Class Compliant driver that's part of Linux.

I used Xubuntu 18.04 before switching to Manjaro, and the UMC1820 worked just plugging it in with both versions of Linux.

It sounds like something is getting control of the unit so it is unavailable when you try to select it in REAPER. Pulse Audio will do that, and some folks have had to un-select their audio device for REAPER in the Pulse Audio mixer. One thing I'd try would be to get in REAPER on the audio setup page, then pull the USB cable to the UMC1820 and plug it back in after a second or two. Might make no difference but worth a try.
Didn't work, unfortunately.

Even when I don't have the UMC in, ALSA itself isn't recognized as an audio device with my computer's speakers.

Would it help to know that my pulseaudio I/O options are "cras?" I'm dual booting from a chromebook, so maybe it's just because my computer doesn't allow this kind of thing. But when I was trying Reaper on Chrome OS via a linux beta, the ALSA was at least recognized as an audio device. From what I remember, the latency was pretty terrible though.
unanamis is offline   Reply With Quote