View Single Post
Old 02-03-2020, 05:49 AM   #9
madphilly
Human being with feelings

Hey guys,

Thank you all for your inputs.

I definitely agree on the performance practicing, this will of course knock it out at source.

I've watched the Paul David video a few times and he's very helpful. At present I have a Shure SM58 and a Samson C01 Large Diaphragm Condensor mic. As I have just picked up here, the large diaphragm may not be the best for recording the guitar in terms of background sounds. To be honest, I do quite like the human element to the sound, so some sliding, squeaking is totally fine.

I do really need to take some time changing mic placement, I suffer with a lack of patience so this always proves tough lol! I haven't tried yet, but I'll have a go recording both mic'd and DI and research this 'blending' technique, see where that takes me.

"I record in my man cave, have some ambient noise to deal with, but I'm just a hobbyist so I'm not expecting studio quality results"

I also do this. I'm not expecting studio quality, just a bit of fun. But I would like to get a noticeably better quality sound so I'm just gonna have to keep researching and learning.

As I've trawled, it seems that some basic EQ'ing and Delay can make a world of difference. Just need to know what I'm doing

Again, thanks for taking the time to respond. This learning curve is steep and it's always good to know there are people willing to help you climb it.

Andy