View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 02:47 PM   #49
theboyfrommars
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls View Post
It's working out great so far. Tracking is as simple as it could be, and having a 100hz hpf accessible for each track is nice. I love zero latency monitoring. That makes a big difference to me.

Routing back through the board is simple, but I have to admit that I'm a little gun-shy to put an important job back through it. I'm too used to itb work. But, I'll get over it eventually.

I'm still finishing work that was partially recorded on my old setup, so there's not a lot of material that was recorded exclusively on this rig, but I'll post something soon.

Hi, BLS (and hopefully other ZED R16 users). Glad to see you were happy with your purchase and putting the ZED to good use. I've been using a ZED R16 for a little while now, and for the most part I'm very happy with how it sounds and the flexibility it offers.

I do have one issue that I can't seem to figure out, so I'm hoping you or other users can point me in the right direction. You mention "zero latency" and my thought was that I'd be able to get there with this desk as well. I'm not entirely sure if the latency issue I'm having is due to the standard buffer size adjustments, etc. OR... if I'm not utilizing the ZED properly and monitoring as I should be when doing overdubs.

For example, I record a drum track, then go to record guitar or piano over it. I play the drums back from the DAW but hear latency on either my current incoming signal, or possibly both that and the existing track.

I BELIEVE for overdubs, I should be disabling the "DIG MASTER" button for my headphones so I can hear the track I'm recording from the mixer before it goes to the DAW and back. However, I need to hear the existing tracks from the DAW on my headphones to play over them.

Can any of you tell me your workflow for this? I'm sure there's a simple solution as this desk is made for home recording, but I cannot seem to get the hang of this part of it.

THANKS IN ADVANCE for anyone who takes a minute to help me out here.
theboyfrommars is offline   Reply With Quote