View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 12:46 PM   #9
Vendetta V
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
Simple example patch for Pd-extended that uses SHIFT key to offset incoming CC#.

You need to set Pd's MIDI input to your MIDI controller, and its MIDI output to a virtual MIDI port (on OS X, I use IAC; on Windows there are a few third party freebies doing much the same, iirc). Then make REAPER listen to the virtual MIDI port instead of the controller itself.

Note that this simple approach is a bit clumsy, as it needs focus on Pd to grab keyboard input. You probably want to keep focus on REAPER. However, grabbing the keyboard without focus is a bit more complicated; I guess this makes for an easier introduction to this approach.

I typically prefer to use a switch button on my MIDI controller, which avoids that issue; I prefer that approach anyway since it keeps all the controls in one place (no need to use computer keyboard). But that depends on having (enough) switch buttons in the first place, of course. You could perhaps do something similar by sacrificing one knob, and divide it into 2 (or more, whatever feels comfortable to you) zones, e.g. values below 64 for regular, values above 64 for alternate CC#s.
thanks for the post. really digging it. I'm currently downloading PD to install it then try out the patch and see where I get with it. What you wrote all makes sense but I wonder how much of that sense is gonna translate to the actual interface/pd/computer monitor.

So i'll get back quickly once I'm done tweaking.

Guess with a sacrifice of one pad/switch I gain double amount of what's left so it's still a win situation
Vendetta V is offline   Reply With Quote