View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 03:14 PM   #24
siniarch
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Hmmm....

You're already at 7 columns, let's just add one more

You have push tops so you don't need buttons at all really, they just clutter things up

I think you get better functionality, plus a much better ergo/look/feel with 3 rows of 8 encoders with OLED display, that's it !!

If you are really brave go to 4 rows and you have a 2020 C4
Ok, I thought about what you said and yes, encoders with push buttons could be as effective as 4 buttons if we can get 4 lines on the display. Definitely more versatile.

As far as 4 rows, I'm sure that would be better, but I think size wise it will be difficult to implement in my setup. Perhaps, I can do a 8x3 and an 8x4 later if people really want that extra row. But if you look a most hardware plugins, a 3x8 would more than allow you to map all parameters onto one screen. Yes, plugins which are more complicated, you'd have to have multiple screens.

With that, I give you Version #6

as for the screens: They are 96 x 64 pixels. 13/16" wide x 17/32" tall.
65,536 (Maximum) colors. Viewing angles 160 degrees. Brightness min 80, avg. 100 cd/m2. Contrast 1000:1. Lifetime 10,000 hrs.

But hold your horses as I think I just found another smaller display (wider but less tall) with full RGB colors. (similar to the size of the one on design #4.
I'm finding out about as we speak.

Next up is sourcing the encoders. and hope that they fit in this design.

Last edited by siniarch; 03-16-2021 at 11:27 PM.
siniarch is offline   Reply With Quote