View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 06:00 PM   #2
audioguytodd
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalony View Post
first of all, i dont know how the knob is called...i am talking about making a time selection and than moving all its envelopes (and creating envelope points on the edge of the time selection with THAT knob on the track....hope, you know wich knob i am talking about?

now my question. I would like to buy a simple midi controller (with at least an endless wheel/knob) and to control this knob i am talking about.
i imagine the workflow as follows:

making a time selectin, open a envelope lane on a track and use imidiately the midi controler knob to adjust it.

i use this knob quite alot and a controler would be awesome for the workflow i guess. but the knob has to be always set up to this special knob in reaper, and changing to the next knob, when i select another track.

is that possible? any ideas? suggestions?

cheers
I'm not %100 sure what you want to do exactly... However, with any MIDI controller you can have it trigger any actions you want. So, as long as there are actions, or multiple, you can assign them to a knob or whatever.
But it does sound like you need a rotary encoder.