View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 08:37 PM   #27
Rosetree
Human being with feelings

Default Maybe you can lend me your helping hand m(..)m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Winter View Post
FWIW, on my rme hdsp multiface, 64 samples & 2 periods is the minimum that I can set.
Hello Mr.Jack White,
I hope you're doing great.

I wanted to ask you a question regarding how you were able to get your system working inside Reaper Linux native version.

I do have exactly the same gear (hdsp multiface) and after many hours of figuring out what in the world is going on (just started using and fiddling around with Linux about 10 days ago), I was able to have Linux recognize the interface and have it show up as an option for input/output device in the audio device settings page when I select ALSA as a device to be used. (As shown in the image 1)

But, for a reason I have no idea at the moment, I can't get Reaper to play (the play button in the transport bar does not respond) and also have input options show up when I try to select one by right-clicking the rec button to pop the menu up (Image 2).

Maybe it is just a matter of some simple tweaking (hopefully), but since you have managed to get it working, it would be greatly appreciated if you can give me a few pointers.

I know that life would be easier if I just purchased an interface that's compatible with Linux, but I do like the Multiface which I have been using forever and would love to continue doing that if possible.

Thank you in advance and have a lovely day.
Rosetree
Attached Images
File Type: png Image 1-ALSA page settings-.png (17.9 KB, 243 views)
File Type: png Image 2 -No input selection available-.png (16.9 KB, 226 views)
Rosetree is offline   Reply With Quote