View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 11:54 AM   #13
Nuri
Human being with feelings

Thanks for your answers!

Now I'm testing Reaper for Linux on Xubuntu 18.04.
At the moment, I get the best RT results with this distro.
(I've also tried: AV Linux 2018, KXStudio 14.04.5, Ubuntu Studio 18.10, Debian Stretch). All those distros are garbage on my system, don't know why...

Now, on Xubuntu 18.04, I don't get the error message from Reaper anymore but it's still unable to use the RME HDSPe RayDAT directly over ALSA (without Jack layer on top of it).

If I open the Reaper config dialog, I can set ALSA to anything I want, for example 64 samples buffer size, 3 periods, 48000HZ sample rate, etc.
Then, I click on "Apply", then on "OK". Then the config dialog disappears and Reaper still displays (in the upper right corner): [Audio device closed]

No matter what I set in the config dialog.

If I set the config dialog to use "HDA Intel PCH" (the onboard audio card) as input and output device, Reaper accepts it as suitable device and I can play the audio (if settings are not so extreme as for low latency).

Currently, I think it would useful to know if it's a Reaper issue (that's why I posted here) or an ALSA issue.

The following packages related to ALSA are installed on my system (synaptic search after "alsa" only in packages name):
alsa-base
alsa-firmware-loaders
alsa-tools-gui
alsa-utils
(that's it)
Nuri is offline   Reply With Quote