View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 03:07 PM   #9951
Funkybot
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win Conway View Post
My point still stands, in terms of reading the WIKI, fine, no probs, but then getting stuck and searching for answers in a single thread, I prefer to find answers than to post another question that may have been asked a bunch of times in 100 pages, if it was all individual threads it would be easier.
Example, imagine the entire Reaper theming forum was one thread, the two things (theming vs CSI) are comparable in complexity and features, maybe even more complex and features towards CSI to be honest.

EDIT*
So I clicked on navigators in the WIKI, and straight away I have a question that is not covered by the WIKI, but probably answered elsewhere in this behemoth, but now how do I word a search to to search for this....
(Theoretical) I want to use eight X-Touch Extenders and have the navigator for track volume point to a fixed fader on the mixer, so Fader 1 on X-Touch extender 1 is always Fader 1 in the mixer, Fader 8 on X-Touch 1 is fader 8 in mixer, fader 1 on X-Touch 2 is fader 9 in the mixer etc, but seemingly according to the WIKI it would only support selected track, multiple tracks thereof, or the master, which I am fairly sure probably is just my lack of understanding and it can do set navigators.
If I'm reading you correctly, it sounds like you want to mimic a console-like workflow in your hypothetical. Where you'd be combining a large number of extenders to act as a 64-channel console. In that case you'd just the standard "TrackNavigator" for an 8-channel surface like shown here...

Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		"Channel|1-8"
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel|"
	TrackNavigator
	DisplayUpper|  			TrackNameDisplay
	DisplayLower| 			TrackPanDisplay
	TrackTouch+DisplayLower| 	TrackVolumeDisplay
	RotaryPush| 			GoZone PanWidth|
	Rotary| 			TrackPan "0"
	RecordArm|  			TrackRecordArm
	Solo|  				TrackSolo
	Mute| 				TrackMute
	Select|  			TrackUniqueSelect
	Shift+Select|  			TrackRangeSelect
	Control+Select|  		TrackSelect
	Shift+Control+Select| 		TogglePin
	Option+Select| 			TrackFolderDive
	Fader|  			TrackVolume
	FaderTouch|  			TrackTouch
ZoneEnd
You'd set CSI to follow the MCP view.

Then, you'd just add your 8 X-Touch Extenders to the same "Page" in CSI in the order you need the channels to appear. So X-Touch Extender 1 would be first and get assigned channels 1-8, X-Touch Extender 2 would be second and automatically get assigned channels 9-16, X-Touch Extender 3 would automatically get assigned channels 17-24, etc.

Nothing fancy. CSI converts channels 1-8 in the .zon file to channels 1-8 of the first 8-channel surface in your list, then will just keep adding for every other 8-channel surface. You'd use the same .zon file for each extender, nothing to convert or modify for each device.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote