View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 04:05 PM   #6
Dave 2099
Human being with feelings

Hi Pete,

Yes, I use a Mac. Odd that my custom actions gave you platform-specific errors, but I don't know much about computers. My suggestion would be to take a look at how the custom actions are set up and try to replicate them if they seem useful.

I tried Super8 and Mobius but found them to be limited and unreliable. I ended up coming back to my own looping setup based on custom actions and regions.

I usually start by recording a phrase, and then I can duplicate that region and add layers with other parts. So there is a progression from the initial part alone to the initial part with additional voices. Then I can branch off from that with other parts, like intro->verse->pre-chorus->chorus, etc. They all become regions, which lets me navigate back and forth between them, and/or reorder them as the individual sequences start to form a song progression.

Not sure if this is making any sense. I don't do "live looping" per se, but my setup lets me use a project as a scratchpad to create new parts and build/reorganize them into a song.

Please let me know if any of this is of interest and I can tell you more. I'd also like to hear more about your setup and how you like to play.

Dave
Dave 2099 is offline   Reply With Quote