View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 04:31 PM   #208
JamesPeters
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowellben View Post
It's my understanding though that many of the same complaints the majority of R6 theme users have are not "editable". So, is it a matter of people wanting to help or simply things that cannot be changed? I seriously don't know.

We can't change how selected MIDI notes are highlighted or colored.

We can't un-stretch the transport so it's actually easy to look at and interpret on large screens.

We can't change the solid blood red metering on armed tracks which is strange to look at when you're monitoring. (no clue how that ever made it to the final cut lol)

We can't (easily) change the rainbow colored track titles to a more clean default of gray white normalcy in v5 and prior.

This is about 1% of all the "issues" so far coming out. There's more that even I haven't stumbled upon yet.
But I'd love to know these hacks if you know please help us We would love you for it.

I wish the default 6 theme came in a light and dark option rather than forcing this general look on us, but that's my opinion. I'm sure that themers will have a field day down the road with this, well, if they decide it's worth tackling at all vs. using their old v5 themes which work and look beautifully.
I don't know how to do all those things, but off the top of my head:

To change how MIDI notes are colored and highlighted, you can specify a different MIDI colormap file. Preferences -> Editing Behavior -> Default note color map. I took someone else's map which was posted on another thread, and used it. I've modified the default one too (making the selected section brighter etc.) but the file that someone else made looked nicer to me. Search The Stash for "colormap" and you'll find a bunch. You can swap them quickly.

As for changing track titles: that's been covered here. It is pretty easy to do. But it involves modifying a text file, and unzipping the theme. If you're not willing to do that level of modification, then you'll probably have to wait until someone posts a variant of the theme in The Stash.

Again, some of the complaints people have mentioned don't affect me at all, and I actually really like some of aspects of this theme that bother you.

Anyway (again, not a defense of WT): If people could stick to what they want done without resorting to hyperbole or saying "everyone wants it that way", it might get done faster by people who are willing to modify the theme (whether it's me or others who are far more knowledgable...since I don't know much about these things).

Kenny makes a good point; he has seen many people say they love this theme in the comments on his videos. Some even say "I guess this is the time I finally buy a Reaper license". Compare that to a vocal few continually posting complaints here. So keep in mind: being too negative and exaggerating can get you ignored.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote