View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 03:31 PM   #5
Guido
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
I think we already more or less agreed (on that HUI docs thread that you started) that it would be a good idea to standardize/share where feasible and practical. I'm all in favor. And I'll also be following this thread with great interest, although I don't have a Steinberg Houston.

But, to be clear, the approach that I hinted at does not need any further standardization on the REAPER end - it just taps into its existing features. As I explained in that other thread already, imho the difficult part is not about making some standardized list of MIDI CC# numbers and channels to use, but about making some standardized or ideal UI, which involves having to make choices of a much more subjective character.

Perhaps we should make something like a feature comparison chart/map for different protocols/models, so it's clear how much features they share, whether and how much their implementation differs, etc., so we can more clearly see what scope there is for some kind of uniform abstraction layer.
Hi banned,

i getcha. But the bigger picture..now that im neck deep in this shit^^...is how Reaper hadles multip[le control surfaces to set up a system.. im thinking the way logic does it. try runnin an mcu a hui an a houston..once that csurf is finished^^gl scarlton... whhich faders are going to do busses? which are all hust chnl strips?

I cant see of any way to achieve this kinda system..and banned they dont have to be the expensive stuff...just insert what ever csurf supported controller u want that u can kick^^...without a "Super Shell" nativily coded in Reaper.

gotta gig..cyas

Guido

The link to the logic stuff in depth...
http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/Log...urfaceInfo.pdf
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote