View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 05:38 AM   #86
bladerunner
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon View Post
I've played around with zebra, blok and karmasynth for a while now - not yet building patches and both, zebra and karma sound very nice.

But I can't help thinking a lot of the niceness comes from the ample use of effect used in the patches, what do you think?
it depends upon the way you think about sound design - i personally very much include effects within the concept of sound design - i will often end up with quite a plugin chain after the synth to achieve a desired result. just switch off all the effects when going through each synths presets to hear what it truly sounds like. effects will always 'dress up' a sound but won't really change the fundamental sound of it (if we are talking just reverbs and delays).

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon View Post
Well, eventually decisions have to be made or I'll go on for the rest of time testing synths, not making music nor sounds.
lol! i have spent at least 3 years doing that! i have made a few tunes along the way though... no need to hurry - don't rush yourself. just spend plenty of time with the demo of each synth before you shell out any cash