View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #117
Sound asleep
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
Yes, I think that should work - with one correction: use "/action 16", not "/action 16/". And first look to see if you already have a line beginning with "ACTION" - if so, just edit that one.

To be precise: with these messages, you're using the "i/action" pattern, so you would not need to use the second ("t/action/@") pattern in the .ReaperOSC file. But it doesn't hurt to leave them both in place, so I'd recommend to list them both, as in the default config.

If that doesn't work, try the other pattern by sending "/action/16" and "/action/40668", respectively (and if that doesn't work either, try "/action/16 1" and "/action/40668 1").

I'm confident one of those should work. Success.

(Btw, I also responded to your similar question in the other thread here.)
sweet thanks, will try those options.

I used /action/16 and that didn't work. Did find original ACTION already, kept both things cause I figured I needed those.

/action/16 didn't work though, neither did /action/14 another 2 digit toggle action.

I'll try those other options you mentioned though, hopefully one of those will work.

EDIT: none of them worked. My suspicion is that it has something to do with the fact that the action ID is only 2 digits, or potentially, that it is a toggle action.

EDIT2: It looks to me like toggle actions are not supported as action triggers of this sort. I think that means I'm screwed. I don't understand why that would be though. I would have thought that the action would be the same, just what reaper does with it would be different. So, idk, I'm confused, but toggle and push buttons have not worked for the toggle actions I've tried so far.

...no, wait, toggle loop works. idk, some actions just don't work I guess.

Last edited by Sound asleep; 10-03-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Sound asleep is offline   Reply With Quote