View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 01:20 AM   #25
valy
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugNut View Post
Hi guys,

As I understand it, valy now has spurious notes of low velocity during a recording. If that is correct , then its highly likely cross talk from another pad.
I've had my fd7 hh pedal since like 2001 and it still functions correctly. It could a been from the 90s.
No offsense intended Ivan:-)

Valy, is the original problem of unwanted open sounds fixed?
The dtxtreme111 was yammys top line module at the time. I have the dtxtreme..the first one.

If you can identify the pad that is being cross triggered when you hit the hh pad, you can use a higher value specific rejection on the offending pad.

Gl

Guido
Could be crosstalk on the extra hits, although it's strange that it could cause the pedal to register as open. What I'm really not understanding is how the CC4 event works in Reaper with SD3.

I can have two CC4 events in the MIDI item, for example. Both will have values of 127, which means a fully closed hi-hat. But when Reaper plays the item, sometimes the events will be closed hat, and sometimes they will be open. That just makes no sense!

There's no reason that I should be able to hit play, hear closed hats, then hit play again without changing anything at all or touching the drum set and hear open hats in the exact same MIDI item!!
valy is offline   Reply With Quote