View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 04:12 AM   #8
LugNut
Human being with feelings

Hi,
On my kit I have my hat pedal adjusted so I don't get a all the way open sound when I pick my toes up. Like I would adjust the hi hat clutch on an ac kit.

So if the track is still in record armed when I get off the kit sometimes there's spurious cc4 coming into reaper. Look for the red midi indicator signal on the track.

That's why when I'm recording I leave a bar of record go by and press the pedal down......its what I would subconciously do on an ac kit anyway. This way when the song starts there's always a cc4 with a value of 127(closed) at the head of the track.

Also I have a toolbar button on the midi ed toolbar that triggers a script I got long ago called....show all used cc's. Very handy. Don't know where I got it. Don't know if its in reapack because reapack doesn't work on xp.grrrr. At least they should make reapack be able to import packages offline from another computer.grrrr2

You might find that there is also some other ccs being recorded. Besides my td20 brain I have a dtxtreme iii brain around here. I seem to remember that some of the snares put out positional sensing and that usually is general purpose cc # 16.

GL

Guido
LugNut is online now   Reply With Quote