View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 01:41 PM   #7
Judders
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykrobinson View Post
I got frustrated and wanted to just get back to working, so I changed my theme to Default 5 and worked for a bit. Then i started playing with rebuilding some track templates, being very careful to not import ANYTHING to make sure that I was not breaking things. On a whim, I changed back to Default 6 theme in a clean project while working on the track templates, and i noticed that the theme suddenly looked right... I then checked the timestamp on the .ini file and saw that the timestamp had changed.

I loaded an older project (the one i first started working with) and it now appeared correct as well.

Not sure what the catalyst is for this, but I am very curious for others to test switching to Default 5 for the theme, then back to Default 6, and see if it suddenly starts working for them as well. And if it does, the million dollar question is "why does this work," or was it just coincidence

Thanks for your hard work and assistance. And disregard the "long story short" comment at the top, apparently i write books of useless babble and double talk. It's a gift...
My settings were not persisting (Mac OS), but then they did. Once I saw your post I realised I had changed themes the last time REAPER was open before it remembered my settings. I didn't use V5 though, just another V6 that I'd saved with some theme tweaker alterations (script is greyed out under options menu if the theme name is changed, but it still runs from the actions menu, and I found my .ini file has settings under different headings; see below).

Quote:
[6MOD]
defaultV6=0
param1=1
param19=25
param22=100
param29=1
param30=5
param71=0
param72=3

[Default_6.0]
param1=1