View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #9
dan_e10
Human being with feelings

I'm glad this is getting noticed by others. I'll give an example where this behavior is annoying and causing headaches for me. Using a VSTi, I've midi-learned many of the synths parameters to the knobs and faders on my midi controller (ADSR, filter cutoff, resonance, envelope amount, etc.). Sometimes it's just easier to dial in a patch using knobs and faders than it is to do it with a mouse. Anyway, I'll set up a midi riff and set loop points to let it repeat indefinitely when playing. Then I'll go to work adjusting the synth parameters with the controller to get things sounding just right. However, sometimes (not every loop) the last adjusted parameter will jump to 0. If filter cutoff jumps to 0, usually the sound goes away. I haven't noticed the jumping to a random value behavior, but if it is jumping back to the last set value I probably am not noticing. A work around is to create a midi clip with looping checked and drag it out for many measures so that play never needs to repeat. Still, when I tried this I think one or some of the CC's still reset even though I have the option to reset CC's on start/stop disabled. I'll have to check that.
Dan
dan_e10 is offline   Reply With Quote