View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 07:24 PM   #28
cyrano
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
For the overall subject of the thread, we want the devices talking to themselves only - albeit I'm far off topic (apologies azslow3!). It would basically be impossible for what I'm speaking of to "congest" anything. That's backed up by my own production testing for almost 3 years now.
I'm talking radio congestion. I already have 2 wireless networks of my own. Add 42 from neighbours. I also plan on using this elsewhere and have done some testing in a few venues. These all seem to have 5, 6... networks. Wifi for the crew. Wifi for visitors. Wifi for DMX. Wifi for the PA...

It's a real problem.

I've tested the network part with an old Raspberry. No onboard Wifi, but for test purposes very useable. Just a bit on the expensive side to my taste, for a simple thing like this. Don't need HDMI, fi.

Quote:
8266 isn't 32 bit or 512MB ram and we're talking 3.00 USD each, can be had for even less so that's a whole $6.00 for to (think can instead of can't ). You are thinking ESP32 but even then it's well worth it for a one off. If this was something someone was going to produce, they'd just buy the raw SMD chip and fab their own board which is also in that 3.00 each range but much less if more than a few.
I Looked it up. It's 32 bit allright, but far less ram. Kbytes. Not Mbytes. Probably got confused thinking RPi. Sorry.

But it's power I'm thinking of. Everything should be portable. Or at least transportable. And battery fed, even if only for backup. Less is more.

Quote:
It's easy really but this isn't for beginners nor was my entrance intended to be; IOW if someone with experience such as ours can't debug these, they need someone building for them.

I just designed these from the ground up then fabbed so I can purpose them for whatever I wish. The copper colored ones are the ones I designed and etched myself but then I had them fabbed professionally for $3 each so now I just "grab one and go" when I have a new idea - basically solder the SMD parts and ESP is maybe 1/2 hour tops:

I have them updating over the air now so I can update the code and deploy it without having to access the device. This could totally be done for a gtr pedal board thingy, I don't have the interest/need but if you guys keep naysaying I'm just going to show up with one, one day.
There's enough of these designs out there that should be easy enough, off the shelf, useable for anyone capable of soldering. Programming them should be easy.

Brainstorming about it is all I do, for now. Building an ambi mic is taking up all my time. It seems simple enough, until you start it. Need to study a LOT of background physics.