View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 09:44 AM   #58
gwok
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgoboss View Post
If transport is stopped and I trigger a clip, I expect only that clip to be played and nothing else which is already on the timeline. I think that's also the case in Live, isn't it?
I will take more detailed discussion to the issue tracker, but to be clear, no, that is not how ableton works. Ableton will play both the session view and the arrangement together, and triggering a clip in session view will still play any audio from the arrangement view along with it, so long as the relevent track is set to play audio from the arrange view.

Now obviously were not going to get the exact same behaviour as Live, although certain aspects are very beneficial. As I say, I'll take more details to the issue tracker, but I think it would be a shame not to have a tightly integrated flow with both Playtime clips and Reapers arrangement view in terms of sections/regions and arrangements. I think the case usage of a person wanting to jam out indefinately versus wanting to work on specific sections in an arrangement is probably much less (imo). I may speak for myself, but one of the main advantages of Live is not just being able to have loops of different lengths, but being able to utilize them if one chose to within the context of an arrangement.

Last edited by gwok; 11-11-2014 at 10:34 AM.
gwok is offline   Reply With Quote