View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 04:05 AM   #1
lb0
Human being with feelings

Default TRACK_VOLUME_TOUCH OSC message from Reascript not registering

Hi,

I posted this originally in the JSFX forum section - but have had no insight there as yet. https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=225104

I'm trying to send the TRACK_VOLUME_TOUCH OSC message from a Lua Reascript - so that I can record volume automation via a script.

In order for this to work in Touch automation mode - as far as I can tell - I need to send the touch OSC message before making any volume changes - otherwise the automation system generates a load of crazy volume jumps.

I'm using the following code to try to tell Reaper that the volume parameter (for track 1 in the example) is being 'touched':

Code:
reaper.OscLocalMessageToHost("/track/1/volume/touch", 1)
and then once the script wants to 'untouch' the volume for track 1 it sends the following:

Code:
reaper.OscLocalMessageToHost("/track/1/volume/touch", 0)
The problem I'm having is this simply is not working. I'm pretty sure I am using the call correctly and the message is correct. I have checked my Default.ReaperOSC file and it contains the necessary OSC pattern as follows:

Code:
TRACK_VOLUME_TOUCH b/track/volume/touch b/track/@/volume/touch
Am I doing this wrong? (fairly sure I am not - hence why I'm reporting this as a bug).

Many thanks,
Leon.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote