View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 09:29 AM   #329
Kitarraman
Human being with feelings

Ok, so a couple of things:
1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tack View Post
Does Miroslav actually need to receive Program Change messages? Because here Reaticulate will output note events, not program changes. If you actually mean program changes, then you should do something like o=program:24 to make sure Reaticulate emits a program change rather than a note.

If you really did mean note, then the next thing is to make sure the note values are correct to trigger the right articulations on the patch.[/LIST]
I honestly have no clue... I guess Miroslav needs note events because, by default, you change articulation with the keys ranging from C0 to G1. So I think that using the correspondent note number should do the trick.

2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tack View Post
o=note:24 will send a note-on (and note-off) for note 24 to the MIDI channel determined by the destination channel when you configure the back on the track. By default the destination channel says "Source" which means it'll just send output events on whatever channel the program change came in on -- i.e. the "source channel". And by default the source channel is Omni, so program changes can come in on any channel.

Assuming you're using the default channel assignment of Source=Omni and Dest=Source for that bank, if the program change comes in on ch 1, then the note to trigger the articulation on the patch will be send on ch 1.

If you want to force the note to always go on ch 1 regardless of what the bank's channel mapping is configured on the track, or regardless of what channel the program change is assigned to in the piano roll, then what you want is actually o=note@1:24

o=note:24/@1 is two separate output event actions, which means:
  • Send note 24 on the destination channel defined by the bank's channel mapping. Subsequent (non-program change) events will be routed to this channel.
  • Also route subsequent messages to channel 1.
Instrument is on Channel 1, when I click on the GUI to change the articulation, the "square" showing whether MIDI events are being sent on Miroslav lights up. So, Miroslav does receive something from Reaticulate... The point is what? I tried shifting octaves but I never hit the right note (pun non-intended). I also tried forcing notes to go on channel 1, but that didn't work either...
Kitarraman is offline   Reply With Quote