Thread: Presonus Atom?
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 12:04 PM   #10
kenm
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by psych View Post
Very nice of you to offer, but I’m in Hawaii. Thanks anyway and really looking forward to what you find out working with it.
Hey psych,

I spent about 30 minutes yesterday and 30 minutes this morning practicing my finger drumming and I can tell you for sure the Atom is a keeper. I think my playing style actually tightened up a bit. This may simply be because I wasn't worried about the annoying double triggers I'd been getting with the MPD218 but I think it's the pad sensitivity as well.

I configured some of the NAV and TRANS buttons (MIDI CCs) to trigger Reaper actions so I never have to take my hands off the Atom while I'm practicing. With the MPD218 I had to keep going back and forth between the 218 and the Faderport to control the transport.

My next experiments will be with hooking it up to an iPad and seeing how that works. In a YT review, I saw someone mention that it doesn't work on the iPad Pro without a powered, external hub because of all the LEDs. That seems a bit strange to me since I haven't been able to use many USB MIDI controllers without external power attached to my USB3 CCK. Nothing unique to the Atom as far as I can tell.

More to come.
Ken
kenm is offline   Reply With Quote