View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #41
Marah Mag
Human being with feelings

mnemonics rule!

See posts #1 and #8 above, which were all about customized mnemonic menus.

The AHK solution that was recently posted seems promising, and allows for a good mnemonic system that bypasses being limited by the availability of conventional modifiers. But I DO think that this is something that should be more native to Reaper and not require AHK.

I suppose the same thing could be said for much of the SWS functionality -- that the SWS extensions shouldn't be necessary -- but SWS is certainly more native than AHK. And the SWS functionality fully integrates with and appears to the user as just more native actions with a SWS prefix.

In any case... Reaper's customization system is one of its most powerful features... but as more actions have been added... along with toolbar customization... and then mouse modifiers... the system needs to be consolidated, IMO. It's gotten unwieldy.

EDIT: I'm with gopher and Ixix on this one... I'm very interested in seeing how AHK can be used, but don't want the AHK focus to take any pressure off the need to consolidate and better integrate the native customize system. From that pov, a separate thread dedicated to AHK, that reproduced the key posts from above, would actually be a good thing.

Last edited by Marah Mag; 01-29-2012 at 09:26 PM.
Marah Mag is offline   Reply With Quote