View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 02:57 PM   #1
DANIELE
Human being with feelings

Default 15 mins to load a project, is it normal?

Hi, here another thread maby related, maybe not, to the one I've just opened about kontakt.

Since lastly I have almost no time to make music I stay even for a week or two (maybe more) without working on a project so I don't remember how it went when I worked on it last time.

Maybe because I installed VEP7 and it loads faster than Reaper, maybe some other thing I don't understand but it seems to me that my last projects take too much to load.

It is a big orchestral project with lot of tracks and automations but for your experience is it normal to take 15 mins to load the entire project or something changed since the last time I worked on it? I'm talking about Reaper updates or similar.

Maybe it is related to kontakt issues I'm experiencing...I don't know.

I'm sorry I can't be more precise but my primary work is very time demanding and I can't remember everything.
Your experience could be a good starting point to understand if there is something wrong with my DAW/Plugins/other things....

Thank you.