View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 02:48 AM   #26
osxmidi
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sblissk View Post
Hi there i'm thinking about moving over to linux for a number of reasons i wont go into. well im tired of apple and windows haha.But my issue is ive purchased a lot of plugins that im certain wont work on linux for example toontrack ex drummer and waves plugins ect. is there away to get these plugins to work on linux? or should i Kust dual boot linux for day today use and use windows for when i record and edit music.

if anyone has any videos on how they use reaper in linux that would be aweseome thanks.
Some Windows vst's can run using Wine, but Wine is not Windows and Wine has some limitations and so some things might be ok and some things might not be ok.

Wine can need some additional bits added to it in order to get a vst plugin to run, things like reg entries (regedit) and dll overrides (which are Windows dll files that get added to Wine).

Using LinVst and Wine/Wine Staging,

EZ Drummer should be ok from what I remember.

Waves and Waves Central should be ok (maybe a few plugins won't run) and the details on how to set it up are on the previous page.

Wine has different releases and Wine Staging needs to be used for Waves Central.

Last edited by osxmidi; 11-05-2018 at 03:01 AM.
osxmidi is offline   Reply With Quote