View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 01:41 AM   #505
ramses
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdave45 View Post
The softube does look like a nice sturdy controller, i certainly like console 1, but i am perplexed why it only seems to deal with 3 sends. I can see on one hand that three sends per channel to various places is probably enough. However, i think id rather set up the send on all channels so send 1 is always reverb 1 etc and i can mute, unmute sends etc, depending on whether i need them. Im assuming muting disconnects the mix process to save processing but i could be wrong.

I suppose there may be a better solution where i can control the fx bus via receives or something.

Any comments with handling multiple sends with the softube fader?

It was also mentioned that softube fader was true 7 bit. I got the feeling this was mentioned as a plus point, but i was under the impression that for fader resolution people generally were looking for 10bit. Any clarification here would be useful too.

Thanks
Sorry for being late. So, yes, 7 bits is on the low acceptable side, but it's absolutely a step up from Console 1, where the KNOBS are mapped as 7 bit, but actual resolution is about a 3rd or a 4th of that, since values are not continous (unless you're holding down shift). I find 7bit resolution faders to be adequate. I wouldn't consider more bits a top priority for everyday mix work.

Regarding sends, yes 3 sends are all you get using Softube software. Many users would like to see more sends available, but Softube is a bit understaffed it seems, and don't really cater to the wishes of users in regards to updating functionality. At least at this point in time.

But CSI lets me ignopre that brilliantly! I now map 10 sends for selected tracks, including 10 toggle buttons for individual send mutes/unmutes, and I map it on Console 1 so I still have all faders available for volume adjustment. It works great! I have choosen to have the send functionality toggleable, so that I push a button and make them come up on the C1 EQ knobs. My workflow is pretty awesome at this point.
ramses is offline   Reply With Quote