View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 05:18 AM   #1366
Skijumptoes
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
This sounds good- toggling a button makes a lot more sense to me, particularly if it has an indicator LED.

After the button has been pushed and the surface is focussed on plugin control, we're going to need a way to step through 'layers' of surface controls for plugins that have more parameters than will fit on the surface in one go. (normally I would use the term 'pages' instead of 'layers', but that's been taken )
100% this - which means the current .fxt method needs some rejigging to work on a Channel - ChannelEnd like basis too whereby we can either use a matrix style assignment. At the moment MCU users can only assign to ChannelRotary 1-8 for example and there's no way of assigning beyond that first page.

i.e. in the .fxt:-

FXMatrixRotary 1 1 Pre-Amp
FXMatrixRotary 1 2 Brightness
etc...

'OR' create groups in the .fxt...

FXMatrixRotary
Pre-Amp
Brightness
FXMatrixRotaryEnd

Then CSI lays out the params based on the number of 'FXMatrixRotary' defines in the .rst. i.e 1-8 for MCU, 1-32 for C4. Technically you could copy and paste all the controls from a plugin between the FXMatrixRotary and FXMatrixRotaryEnd to get a quick mapping online.

Same could apply to a FXMatrixRotaryPress entry too, As long as NULL could be used to create blanks so you could space out controls as necessary.

I think being able to group like thatwould make sharing .fxt's across .rst's quite feasible too, i.e. C4 and MCU users could use the same .fxt, but depending on the .rst for each it would spread across the 8 rotaries, or the 64 - or however you want to define it.

Hoping i make make some sense here! :-/
Skijumptoes is offline   Reply With Quote