View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 06:46 PM   #28
barbaroja
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
You can already use the Play mode for that (Scale -> In Key)
It is no good for that bc in play mode, chromatic or in key, you get repeated notes in the next line. That defeats its purpose. Most 64 pads drum controllers use a linear fashion to send midi, starting in the low left corner, moving all the way to the right and then doing the same with the next line up, so plugins like gueist and others rely on that. Sure, they could be remapped but if you have linear maps for your plugins, or are not using DrivenByMoss, you are in trouble. The drum 64 feature should stay like it is but def a new linear one is needed so when you change to your drums it plain works.

Forgot to say that I love it that it remembers track mode preferences. When I switch to a drum channel it remembers to work in drum 64 mode. Awesome.

Quote:
As I wrote before, this requires to replace EEL with C++, which is a lot of work (and requires specific adaptions for all OS platforms).
I am trying to fresh up my rusty C++ but I cannot promise anything.
Crossing fingers for this. It is big. Sorry for my ignorance in all things coding, but, ¿Why is it slow because of being eel?

I am getting very slow performance in reaper sometimes, and I have to terminate the script so it goes back to normal. It can take more than 3 seconds of lag to produce a sound when it starts getting slow.

https://youtu.be/Cxzhx7bLBrY

I also got this info from a popup when adjusting volumes:
Unhandled command: 0.55034214
Unhandled command: me 0.6451613
Unhandled command: volume 0

Quote:
It tries to emulate the function from Ableton/Bitwig (and does only make sense on a MIDI track):
- It creates a clip at the current position with the selected length and loops it.
- It enables record on that track (and disables it on all others)
- It enables MIDI overdub and starts recording
Now you can record into that clip.
I found new issues with it. Does not arm the channel and sometimes goes to whatever channel it wants and creates a clip there. It also does not respect the already set "automatic track arm when selected"

Quote:
It does not cycle, it only toggles between read and write. For other modes long press the Automate button and selected the mode.
Got it. Thanks for the clarification. It would be nice if it could go back to "Trim/Read", tho. It is the default mode.

Quote:
Yes, that's correct. I did not find a way to make that work.
Maybe you need an API for that? you could ask Justin to do so. Reaper developers are usually very receptive and helpful adding these kind of things, specially in a case like yours, where your work can help a lot of people.

Quote:
I am not sure if I understand what you say. The Collection column does display all user folders. If you select one, only
the devices of the selected folder is shown. What is slow with that or does not work?
Yes you are right. It displays the user folders but it really is super slow to show. Flashes black and turning the knob takes a long time to reveal a selection change on screen. Sometimes more than one white box appears on screen, too. Here, a video to show this behavior:

https://youtu.be/SAz4vvrICo0

Quote:
Both of these are highly dependent on your Reaper settings (and Theme). They are so complicated I cannot even tell you what to
check or turn off... Maybe some expert can jump in here.
Cool

Quote:
For 3rd party plugins only those presets occur which you manually created (there is no way to access VST presets).
That's all I can do (I already jumped through lots of hoops to make it work like this).
Understood. Maybe it also needs an API?

Quote:
Yes, it's a feature. It is a generic implementation, it makes more sense with the other supported controllers.
Could we choose to turn it on/off in config?
barbaroja is offline   Reply With Quote