View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 12:41 PM   #27
moss
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaroja View Post
First, the most important stuff: We do need a way to make it linear too.
You can already use the Play mode for that (Scale -> In Key)

Quote:
making it respond without latency are culprit.
As I wrote before, this requires to replace EEL with C++, which is a lot of work (and requires specific adaptions for all OS platforms).
I am trying to fresh up my rusty C++ but I cannot promise anything.

Quote:
I am not sure what the "new" button does.
It tries to emulate the function from Ableton/Bitwig (and does only make sense on a MIDI track):
- It creates a clip at the current position with the selected length and loops it.
- It enables record on that track (and disables it on all others)
- It enables MIDI overdub and starts recording
Now you can record into that clip.

Quote:
The automate button on push 2 is brutally slow to change modes. It misses ciclyng through the Trim/Read default mode many times.
It does not cycle, it only toggles between read and write. For other modes long press the Automate button and selected the mode.

Quote:
Device controls do not update to the selected or focused device. I have to select it manually with the arrows on push 2.
Yes, that's correct. I did not find a way to make that work.

Quote:
Add device only considers user folders when in collection mode. Collection is useless for me, it is super slow.
Maybe due to the big a mount of plugins? I would def get rid of the tags category and go for user folders.
I am not sure if I understand what you say. The Collection column does display all user folders. If you select one, only
the devices of the selected folder is shown. What is slow with that or does not work?

Quote:
Also, the track color via select button does not work either.
Select clip color function does not work at all.
Both of these are highly dependent on your Reaper settings (and Theme). They are so complicated I cannot even tell you what to
check or turn off... Maybe some expert can jump in here.

Quote:
The browse function only shows preset for reaper plugs. Waves, arturia, fab filter and others do not show presets there.
Also, you can not move to the next or previous FX when in that mode.
For 3rd party plugins only those presets occur which you manually created (there is no way to access VST presets).
That's all I can do (I already jumped through lots of hoops to make it work like this).

Quote:
I am getting a notification whenever I touch the volume, pan or send. Is it a feature?
Since push screen and reaper already have that info, dunno if it is necessary.
Yes, it's a feature. It is a generic implementation, it makes more sense with the other supported controllers.

Quote:
Changing octaves gives a milisecond flash on push 2 display screen. I have a feeling that it should last a lil longer.
That is not intended. Need to look into that.
moss is online now   Reply With Quote