View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 06:12 AM   #8
Jack Winter
Human being with feelings

I just managed to get this to work.

Archlinux, wine 3.21 with no overrides.

Steps (possibly ignore my use of a wine prefix, but on the other hand be careful with your activations so that you don't lose them)...

1. Create a new wineprefix only for soundtoys.
WINEPREFIX=~/.wvst-prefixes/soundtoys winecfg

2. Install soundtoys and ilok/bonjour.
WINEPREFIX=~/.wvst-prefixes/soundtoys wine ~/Software/Plugins/soundtoys/Soundtoys5_5.3.0.14027_64.exe

3. Run the ilok manager and activate the plugins to your local computer.
WINEPREFIX=~/.wvst-prefixes/soundtoys wine ~/.wvst-prefixes/soundtoys/drive_c/Program\ Files\ \(x86\)/iLok\ License\ Manager/iLok\ License\ Manager.exe

4. Add the needed LinVst .so files.
5. Start reaper and let it scan the plugins.

Note that this failed with wine staging 3.21, the reason I didn't get it working before. Seems not to start the needed "PaceLicenseDServices" service.

I do the following to manage my wine prefixes. It makes it easier to manage my windows plugins and overrides, but might also come at a theoretical or actual performance cost.

I created the ~/.wvst directory which I include in Reaper's VST scanning path. It's the only reference in the plugin scan path to my windows plugins.

Then I ran "ln -s ~/.wvst-prefixes/soundtoys/drive_c/Program\ Files/Vstplugins/Soundtoys ~/.wvst/soundtoys" to create a symbolic link to where the actual libs are located. I've similarly symlinked the VstPlugins directories of other prefixes in the same directory.

Wow, was somewhat doubting to ever seeing ilok working in wine! Am very pleased finally having access to echoboy and others in Reaper for Linux!
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)
Jack Winter is offline   Reply With Quote