View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 08:15 PM   #384
woodslanding
Human being with feelings

Default Using Reaticulate for Program Changes

Okay. I may be the only one to use it (and indeed there are a few features that are definitely specific to my workflow) but here is a script I've built to write to the reaticulate reabank file, so as to interface with reaticulate for selecting program changes. I think it shouldn't interfere with regular use of reaticulate, but you may have to insure you don't get multiple banks with the same MSB and LSB.... But if you just want to use reaticulate for preset selection, you shouldn't ever have to edit the reabank file.

Basically, you need to open the fx window for the vst you want to select presets for (not the fx chain window, you have to double-click on the fx entry and top its window, or you'll get an error!) and run the action.

A window pops up. Here is the full field information:

Bank Name: This is just whatever you want to call this bank. Often the VST name, but doesn't need to be.

New Bank [yes or no]: Are you creating a new bank, or overwriting an old one? If you are overwriting, make sure your bank name text matches an existing bank, or you'll get a completely inscrutible error.

Bank Color [#0x0x0x]: This script will color all the elements in a bank the same. I use the bank color to make sure I'm changing the presets of the correct track.

Plugin Category [integer 1 to 4]: Mine are 1=Kontakt,2=Reaktor,3=Other Insts,4=Other FX. You can use whatever scheme you like, but there's only support for 4 categories currently. This becomes the bank MSB. The LSBs are incremented automatically. If you want to avoid conflicts with regular reaticulate banks, just avoid the first 4 MSBs.

Preset Type [rpl or vst]: Do you want the user RPL's, or the built-in VST preset list supplied by increasingly-fewer fx designers?

Filter by Start Text: If you have a ton of presets for an instrument like, say, Kontakt, you can name them with a category first, like 'PNO-Vienna Grand'. Then if you put 'PNO-' in this field, only those presets that start with that text will be put in the bank, and the filter text itself will be removed. It's pretty painless to open the .ini for the vst in a text editor and add prefix categories to all your presets in one go...

Alphabetize? [yes or no]: If you have presets in a specific order, you may not want this, but I think it's pretty helpful. Be warned that if you have 2 presets with the same name (possible in Reaktor) you'll only get one entry.

Empty?: Some VST program lists get padded with empty presets, to fill a bank of 128. In Reaktor these are named '<empty>' and in Guitar Rig they are called 'no sound'. Put that text in this field, and those presets will not be linked.

The script requires ALL the addons. SWS, js (Julian Sader), and ultraschall.

I think that's about it. If anyone uses this, let me know, especially if you find any bugs.

cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: lua convertVSTpresetsToReaticulateBank.lua (9.9 KB, 194 views)
woodslanding is offline   Reply With Quote