View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 07:58 AM   #1
MJH
Human being with feelings

Default 98 SE Beta testing

I'm building a new multimedia PC right now so I'm forced to test on my internet PC.

Win 98 SE
650 MHz Thunderbird
MS-6340M KM133 M/B
256 MB PC-133 SDRAM
AC-97 on-board chip
ATI-Rage 128
17" CRT (800x600)

First off Justin, you rock! Great work and direction so far. Love the small file size, business like and general layout of the GUI, scroll zoom and seemingly low overhead I experienced so far with the little time I've had with it.

The app. loaded no problem on 98 SE. I was forced to choose Kernel streaming or the MS Mapper to my surprise. Wave out and the AC-97 produced the "problem" error. I didn't expect much at all with this little POS machine but kernel streaming was quite impressive running your sample project and a couple of stock Sony plugins (Multiband compressor and Wavehammer).

On this machine graphically none of the faders appear, see attachment.

If I may make a/some suggestion(s), first and foremost would be the ability to re-size the mixer/track area by hovering over the boarder gaining the double arrow cursor.

Double-clicking the vertical track scroll bar to toggle minimizing/maximizing all tracks.

The ability to dock views such as the undu window in the "mixer" area.

EDIT; A second toolbar with basics such as Cut, Copy, Paste, undu/redu etc. preferably with user options.

I can't wait to work with this on my main PC once I get it built. The M/B and chip are half way here (FL) from Cal as I type this. I've already pulled apart my old multimedia PC for the cards and case so this obsolete machine is all I have right now.

Thanks for listening.

MJ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Reaper screen shot.jpg (23.1 KB, 646 views)

Last edited by MJH; 01-25-2006 at 09:37 AM.
MJH is offline   Reply With Quote