View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 04:47 PM   #15
Luster
Human being with feelings

Lot of different view points in here. Want to add mine.
The WALTER guide is fine as is. The problem I see is that when you start theming or modding themes you have to read websites hidden on the reaper site, different forum topics, different PDFs and then search for that stuff you didn't understand in the first place. Why not bundle that into one actual "first" place to start where everything is linked in best order.
I understand the desire of enhancing the guide, simply because there is no full WALTER reference - or did I miss something?
E.g. the folder indentation in the mixer. Nothing in any documentation how to achieve this. The one old (and dead) prototype WT theme thread isn't that easy to find. I wished examples like that would be more bundled somewhere.

And regarding the recommendation to start from scratch and not use code from other guys - that's not a viable option for a mod.

And regarding WALTER vs. other theme technics - I simply don't care how it is called or what it has to do with the same way I don't care if the plugin I load is a JS or VST - it just has to do it's job.

And regarding the envcp_totrack grahpic. Wait a second we can have a button in the TCP to switch the lanes between media and separate lane? Oh wow, where is that documented beside a freaking boring image list? Cmon. That's the reason people get the impression stuff is hidden and there are secrets you can't enlighten for yourself.

Edit: Another thing completely missing in the "docs": How trackcolors influence the transparency and what layer of png comes first and so on.

Last edited by Luster; 07-20-2017 at 02:03 AM.
Luster is offline   Reply With Quote