View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 10:27 AM   #31
xpander
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighVoltage View Post
Something is very off with your test, or i'm gonna just throw my pc out of the window.
Are you sure you have loaded the Dawbench-DSP-R5-RXC-EXT file?
(Well even with the non EXT version, i get 318 fx @256)

I'm curious though, what Motherboard you use?
Please just don't throw away your PC yet, it's fine.

Yes, I did use that benchmark project, but I was obviously not too clear about the FX I actually used. It was the regular ReaComp, not the heavier standalone ReaXcomp like the original project had. Reason for that was that I changed it already earlier for some of my personal tests to make it more like real life use I have here. Since the tests in this topic are not about benchmarking the computer hw and referring the results to others, I didn't bother to change it all back to what the original benchmark project had. Not my intention to confuse with the specs, sorry about that.

But for your peace of mind I did run the same project with standalone ReaXcomp, though only using the current Reaper release. With that, I can have 36 instances without dropouts and noise, about 40 with occasional glitch. Strength of Reaper, I can activate up 120 instances and while the noise is certainly not acceptable at all, Reaper still responds to everything just fine without freezing...RT CPU at 96% at that point.

FYI, my motherboard is AsRock Z87 Extreme4. There have been some PC hardware benchmark topics around, maybe we can continue in one of those or make a new one for that if needed?
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote