View Single Post
Old 05-24-2020, 01:35 PM   #8
pljones
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmand View Post
Sometimes, indeed, I've had the suspect that many people, also amongst those who explain and describe, don't exactly know how the system works. Maybe just because they are not actual players or because they didn't try the system for themselves. At times, to be honest, I have the feeling that even some users, maybe due to the kind of music they like and play, fully enjoy the system without realizing they are not actually playing in real time.
Yes, that's why I wrote the two messages I linked above -- it finally struck me that hardly any of the explanations that are given out really to explain (or attempt to) what's going on and what you're likely to experience. That leads to ... misunderstandings, disappointments and unfulfilled expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraleetj View Post
oh, I would have something that is live and not in realtime, rather than not have it at all, or have a badly working realtime system that pretends to solve it all once and for all, as your other claims and reviews from the other competitors do.
Agreed. There are too many "closed" systems that don't allow the user to experience the real-time latency that everyone else they're playing with is hearing, which again leads to those misunderstandings, disappointments and unfulfilled expectations. That's one of the reasons I prefer Jamulus over other realtime systems -- you hear your latency. If you hear it bad, you know it's bad. Still, it doesn't stop sessions like this:
https://youtu.be/p8g6zQtW6QU (got cut off by YT)
https://www.facebook.com/simon.james...0018582677576/ (3h live session)
pljones is offline   Reply With Quote