View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 05:14 PM   #199
timzibrat
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
Hey there,

I am the one responsible for your troubles

I am really trying to research your issue, from what I remember you have it set up correctly. The thing I am unsure of is if the SL (looks great by the way) can even receive midi and put that info on the led screens. I dont know if I mentioned this, but I have a nice Akai Advance 49 that also has knobs with a screen, I assumed I could get it to work but I honestly haven't been able to. I don't know enough about all the hardware involved but an educated guess would be the companies that make these keyboards are only considering having to deal with midi going out from the keyboard or midi possibly going straight through. That doesn't necessarily mean the SL won't work, but it's still possible that it's the keyboard. It looks like they thought of everything, so maybe there is hope.

Try and ditch realearn for the moment, and use the feedback portion of lb0's faderbox and see where that gets you. When you use that, you have to have a hardware midi out send on the track as well.

(You could totally ditch realearn like I said but then you would have to remap your controller to faderbox using native midi learn, or you could potentially just turn off the feedback from realearn , we are getting into uncharted territories here )
Hi there. Not really responsible for my troubles, but I appreciate the input and help. We'll get there, I'm sure. I've seen a lot of videos where the keyboard receives cc data through the midi inputs and usb inputs when it controls synths and other hardware. So I'm assuming that there has to be a way. I need to find a way to test if Reaper is sending out midi on my end and then if it is, where the keyboard is having troubles. Ditching reaLearn didn't help. Assigning the faders natively to faderbox brings the same results. The faders jump. And the midi hardware our is set to the proper device. I've tried with a midi cable to the audio interface as well with no avail.
timzibrat is offline   Reply With Quote