View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 11:33 PM   #140
DarthFader
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucian View Post
I would be pissed too if I spent $3000 on a system that didn't live up to
my expectations but to rile up the masses over $60 software with a dev staff so small the whole world knows them on a first name basis is just bitch hunting.
I didn't rile them. I made suggestions. Read the posts I made.

Many commented about how "concise" I was.

The fact that some people got riled isn't my fault -- take it up with them.

I think the first name basis thing is a dual edged sword -- it seems to create a cult of people who think that Reaper is perfect and everyone who doesn't agree is a heretic. Whereas a more anonymous staff would take a lot of the emotional element out of it.

But there are of course two sides to everything and here we are seeing the more "personal" side for good and bad.

I said "Does reaper need more midi love". I never said Reaper sucks.

I think the Midi could be improved and should be improved. Sounds like it will be.

I wouldn't say the Motif "doesn't live up to expectations" .... that would be a bit of a stretch, but I am unhappy about the VSTi plugin aspect being tied to VST3 for it.

Actually, the reason I got the Motif was so I DON'T have to use a daw at all, for pure midi stuff.

So, obviouly using it with a daw wasn't it's intended purpose. But I have been slowly getting back to daw stuff.

I think that the forum and feedback is good but I think that bashing people who have differing opinions is bad. It's counter to what the whole purpose of the forum and FR is.

So hopefully we can get back to making suggestions without people getting upset.

DF

Last edited by DarthFader; 06-28-2010 at 11:47 PM.