View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 12:38 PM   #19
The Telenator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobruzzo View Post
Thank you for all the replies....looks like I will check them all out. Kontact seems to be the winner. I am also seriously thinking of getting the Roland gr 55 guitar synthesizer. I play keyboards on most of my compositions but I am really not a fast player. And I stumble alot. I am thinking I could use a guitar synth to play the fast keyboard parts. But I am still researching this piece of equipment. I love using Mr Ray 22 for its Rhodes tone. It is really the only tone I like to use. I use the "Mellow" patch which sounds good to me. However it crashes in reaper because of some issue with "Synth edit".
So I have to decide whether to invest in Better VST's and still struggle with my keyboard skills, or get the guitar synth and play all my keyboard parts on guitar.
Bob, does the Roland Guitar Synth have a USB/interface that you can use to run directly into Reaper? I haven't owned a GR since about 1983. If it DOESN'T, then buy something else -- it will be nearly useless in recording with a DAW.

Yes, love MrRay22 but it is a very old VSTi. The commercial version is not much more stable. Many synths have great Rhodes and Wurly-like presets, even freeware Synth1 has some.
The Telenator is offline   Reply With Quote