View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 10:32 AM   #24
DVDdoug
Human being with feelings

Quote:
if i understand it correctly.

If we manage to take out the room of the equation.

Then this meaans each time our music is played through a room, the music takes shape ONLY by that room that is played it, rather than also having shape from the room we mixed it in. (as the room we mixed in is supposedly flat)

Therefore this way, when our mixing room is flat, we avoid introducing another kind of room (I.e our untreated mixing room) Into the room that the music is going to played in...

but the room that is gonna be played it, if its a normal home, of course it might boost lows high, as all homes are untreated mostly. (but at least we know our music was done right given the flat room it was mixed in)

is this correct?
Yes. The studio should be "accurate".

I don't have a treated/measured studio or proper monitors. I'm just a play-around hobbyist, and I don't do any serious audio production.

Some "audiophiles" do have treated rooms and a few (who some call "studiophiles") prefer a "dead" studio-like listening room. That's NOT me!!!

I've had my speakers in a "music hall" for some DJ gigs and to my ears they sound LOT better an a big room with nice natural reverb. And, in my living room I use one of the Pro Logic II soundfield settings that adds a little reverb to the rear speakers.

Although I like the reverb, I wouldn't mix or master with the natural or artificial reverb.
DVDdoug is offline   Reply With Quote