Old 02-05-2020, 09:28 AM   #730
lightnb
Human being with feelings

Quote:
sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386

sudo apt-get install libc6-dev-i386

sudo apt-get install gcc-multilib g++-multilib

sudo apt-get install libwine-development-dev:i386
I'm reluctant to install any wine related packages because it broke my wine install last time. I removed all the Wine pakages and now have a clean Wine 5 from the Wine PPA.

Two issues:

1. Lib Vst: I've run make clean, then make to try and build just the 64 bit version. The compiler fails with `lin-vst-server.cpp:43:10: fatal error: windows.h: No such file or directory`

I fixed this error by adding system wine packages before (I think the devel packages), but somehow they (or one of them) broke wine and I had to reinstall it. So it would be good to know exactly which package is required for the windows.h header before I install packages haphazardly.

Is there a way to see if a package will come from the system or the Wine PPA? That way I can insure that any packages are matched to the same version.

2. On the second front, I now have Kontakt 5.7 running in standalone mode in wine, and have loaded an instrument into it. (Which is why I don't want to mess up Wine by installing mismatched packages trying to meet LibVst dependencies). This seems to run fine, except the built in keyboard (inside Kontakt) does not cause the instrument to play, or any midi "lights" to blink on the instrument, or any sound to register on the meter. This seems to be an issue with audio setup in Wine? If I run winecfg and click test audio I do hear bleeps. (although after a while the test button plays a square wave version of bleeps instead of smooth bleeps. Winecfg only sees pulseaudio as an option and that's what it's set to.

Is there a guide to setting up and troubleshooting the audio issues in Wine? Is there a Windows .exe that's as simple as notepad that just plays sounds to test with? (ie. Windows Media Player is a bloated pig that probably uses twenty Microsoft proprietary platforms, so not good for a simple sound tester app.) I'm thinking a windows app that can load and play a wave or mp3 and nothing else would prove that sound works. Because this might actually be a midi issue, assuming Kontakt's keyboard generates real midi (like a hardware device) instead of faking it.
lightnb is offline   Reply With Quote