View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 02:44 PM   #38
LugNut
Human being with feelings

Hi,

I see....well, I tried the partial hui and I saw it only had very basic functions. But I must say if you can know what the novtion sends and what messages it expects to receive, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to get it all working using mtp.

Do the encoders and stuff send any midi out in non auto map mode? I have the docs for the hui spec if you need them.

I assume you have miditranlatorPRO? If you have it, and some time AND the controller can send and receive midi...then you should be golden.
I'm not an expert at mtp, but I think it could help here.
Gl

Edit...the only problem I had that I didn't resolve was converting the display messages that show on the hui screen. Hui uses zones..8 if remember correctly....where the MCU is straight across in two rows. I bypassed the problem by using an android tablet on my hui as a second PC monitor and using a MCU display emulator to show the info. Miditranslator pro can do it, but my hardware display ..on the hui....is smaller than the MCU display so I would have had to truncate text..not usable. But everything else works both ways.
Guido

Last edited by LugNut; 10-20-2015 at 03:01 PM.
LugNut is offline   Reply With Quote