View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 02:11 AM   #81
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noisebeat View Post
But Reaper gives the possibilities everyone to create themes. And that's a good idea, then all people can be creative if they want.
And there are also nature talents
Yes this was my first impression too. It's cool like Reaper is.
But...

How it's translate in reality?
A full thread full with useless theme, with too much talking like: "make it fader", "make it knob", "it's too dark", "it's too white", and so on...

And wait and wait for something good and simple. Very few people deliver something acceptable as a clean and good interface to work. And this come the part with taste. To much users find taste as an excuse or a strong point for bad design.

My posts was about this aspect.
Serious interface have all in common a good design rules. Basic or complex, with different color than you may prefer (again taste), but you can see far from the moon when things are done right. With many reaper theme, aspects like this are poor, missing or half done right.

And I'm asking myself, what's the point to be so cool?
You have a great audio software (best IMO), and you are so weak in this direction. And you create a full threads filled with nothing... Or just a little to be more precise.

In the other corner, there are companies that sell audio application that skip this cool part and deliver decent interface for their products, and customers are happy and can stay focused on making what is important with any DAW: making music. Call me stupid, but I find this to be a more serious and more productive way of thinking (regarding theme design).

Not to say, with upgrade like Walter, Cockos change the rules, and some "home designers" find it difficult to work with. So this make the "cool thing designing your own theme) more difficult.+ I'm not convinced that Walter can solve all aspect when you look for a nice and clean interface. The sliced feel and flat aspect I think will remain in Reaper for a while.

For people who jump on my neck. Take it easy...
I like Reaper like nothing else.
Theme is one aspect, making music with Reaper is another.
My opinion is here because the name of this thread is " A professional theme?"
Avatar44 is offline   Reply With Quote